Friday, December 21, 2012

Stain or strip and stain that is the question.....

There are quite a few things in this world I am not fond of, losing track of things, kids screaming and sanding...... So when I came across Polyshades by Minwax I figured I would give it a shot.



I lightly sanded.... and I do mean very lightly and then tried the Polyshades product on the side of the cabinet that wont show. This is my sample spot.

 
The color on the right is the new color. This product enables you to go over existing stain depending on what your top coat is on your existing woodwork. I want something even darker so I may buy the black and mix the two colors. I have quite a bit of woodwork to do in this room here is a picture of the just the ceiling beams alone.
I'll post a picture of the darker color test spot and the beams once they are finished..... wish me God speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment