Thursday, February 9, 2017

Chalk Board Labels

                      Chalk Board Labels

I Love creating things out of items I already have around the house. It saves me time from having to go to the store with the kids. So when I needed a way to label bins of products in my home office showroom I thought what can I easily make into a reusable labels?
I browsed the house and remembered I have a quart of chalk board paint in the basement. Now my only dilemma was what to use it on....




I opened the can and started mixing it with my stir stick…. That’s when it struck me, why not cut the stir stick in equal parts with my jigsaw and turn them into wooden labels? Genius!

After cutting up my stick and drilling 2 small holes for attaching them to the bins, I painted the stick with 2 thin coats but enough paint to cover the stick completely. The smoother the finish the easier and better your chalk will write on the label. If you want the labels to be more permanent, write on them with chalk and spray them with two light coats of Polyurethane spray. If you spray too close the chalk writing, the writing will bleed and not look good. 

         


Happy Crafting!


Paula Schnoor-Comes

No comments:

Post a Comment