Friday, January 27, 2017

A Modern Twist on the Old

I have always had a love for furniture. I could spend hours at the furniture store checking out every last piece. My favorite by far though is reviving old furniture into a newer more updated look. With some spray paint or stain and the right upholstery fabric you can revive any piece of furniture. I bought this cherry settee sanded it lightly and spray painted it gold. Went to my favorite craft store…. Hobby Lobby, and found some fun pink and gold zebra print upholstery fabric, padding and upholstery tacks to finish off the look.

When upholstering, start stapling from the center edge of your fabric in both directions and work your way out, pulling the fabric taut as you go. You can use regular polyester or cotton fabrics for a simple chair seat cushion but for a larger more used piece of furniture I recommend using a true upholstery fabric for lasting durability.

So if you have an old piece of furniture you are contemplating putting out to pasture try reviving it!
If you have a home improvement question you want answered, feel free to contact me.
  
Cherry settee condition when I bought it.


After I spray painted it with Rustoleum gold paint.

During the reupholstering process. 

Voila!  Finished product for my daughter Ava's room.
 I don 't know which I love more, the instant gratification of spray (chalk) painting furniture or reupholstering furniture and seeing the awesome, clean finished product. Either way I am blessed to get to do both!


Laus Deo,

Paula Schnoor-Comes

Paschnoor@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment