Monday, January 23, 2017

The Weekend Make-Over!

Now don’t get too excited ladies it’s for your garage door!
Our garage doors were in serious need of a facelift. They looked faded and worn out, the only issue was they were in great condition. We looked around at several garage door companies and contemplated replacing them, but what a waste of perfectly good doors! For months we agonized whether to replace the steel doors or just live with them the way they were. I even secretly wished the kids would throw a ball or ride their scooter or bike into them and make a huge dent, so we would have the decision made for us. No such luck…. Finally, I decided to give them a make-over. I am so happy I did, I just wish we would have done it months ago!  Now, would be the time the kids will ride their scooters into the doors damaging them….

Wash down your garage doors with dish soap and water and make sure any grease and dirt are removed.  Following the manufacturer’s instructions use a Bondo product to fill in any dents in the trim or the garage doors and sand until smooth. Next paint on a good all purpose exterior primer from your local home improvement store coating the door and any trim you want painted well. Let this dry over night. The next day roll on two coats of exterior paint color or a coordinating color to your house and let that also dry over night. The final step is my favorite, adding garage door hardware. Measure and install the handles and straps. The make-over is complete, it easily took 10 years off my doors…. Now if I could only take 10 years off my face!

Before
 After



Happy Renovating!

Check out my latest craze on Etsy at https://www.etsy.com/listing/492968336/dog-window-seat-pet-bed?ref=listing-shop-header-2

No comments:

Post a Comment