Thursday, January 26, 2017

Washi think of my stand?

I am on a continual search for interesting ways to organize my office and craft items. Recently I needed a way to display and store my Washi Tape and ribbon. After a quick scan at the Hardware store I decided the best and least expensive way was to use galvanized pipe. It is easy to assemble, has a great industrial look, and it takes spray paint like a dream.
Items Needed to make a Washi Tape stand:

3 -Pieces of 6" long by 1/2" diameter threaded pipe
1 - Floor flange that fits a 1/2" diameter
2 - End caps 1/2" each
1- T with all three ends to fit 1/2" diameter
1 - Can of spray paint- Rustoleum is my favorite







You will find all of these parts in the plumbing department. There are several bins of parts which can make finding the correct part overwhelming. A helpful hint is to stay with the same color coded packages when shopping. For instance all the 1/2" diameter parts have a magenta color block on the packaging. All the 1" diameter parts have a green color block on the packaging and so on.
Assemble your Washi Tape holder like shown in the picture below. Tighten everything (except the two end caps) by hand as tight as possible. You don't need to tighten with a wrench unless you want to.  I like to keep the end caps loose on the structure prior to painting so that I can spray paint the threads a bit. Give it two coats of paint and let dry overnight. Your Washi Tape stand is then ready to use.
If you have crafting questions feel free to e-mail me at Paschnoor@yahoo.com.

Laus Deo,

Paula Schnoor-Comes

No comments:

Post a Comment